This week, we take a look at what it means to conquer your emotions: When should we let them influence us, and when should we act in spite of them. We are also going to explore how our emotions affect our eating habits.
What you’ll hear:
- Why it’s important to have a sense of control over our emotions
- Situations where we’ve let our emotions overwhelm us
- How we learn to cope with emotions
- When it’s ok to let our emotions influence us
- Practical tips for dealing with emotional eating
Can I quote you on that?
- “You can be angry, but you can’t slam doors.” Jacey
- “One of the things emotional flares do is they rob our perspective of the future. So all of the sudden the biggest thing is the present- how we feel right then.” Maggie
- “Your emotional state affects other people.” Jacey
- “Unpleasant emotions serve as indicators, so it’s important to pay attention and see what they are trying to tell you.” Jacey
- “When you are really upset, find someone who can be a listening ear but who can also challenge you when you are seeing red and not seeing clearly.” Maggie
- “Sometimes when we are searching for food we are actually searching for the emotions that are associated with it.” Maggie
- Related episode: When does venting cross the line?
- What the 9 Top Food Cravings Say About Your Emotions
- Intuitive Eating
Thoughts, questions, comments?
- Find Around the Table on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter, or leave a comment below.
- Maggie on Instagram, Twitter, and her blog
- Jacey on Instagram, Twitter and her blog
Some links are affiliates. Thanks for supporting our show!